Visitors

Monday, October 17, 2011

rock.

today someone i know and hope to know even better in the near future said: you are a rock.

don't quite get it. but it certainly was a compliment none the less.
BUT. speaking of rocks. it reminded me of what my cousins used to always make fun of me for. rocks.

i am a sentimental person. for sure. even the smallest little thing is touching to me. when i was younger, my cousins used to laugh and say - you are going to be so easy to please when you get married. all your husband has to do is get you a rock and attach some significant story to it and you'll be happy. you don't need diamond rings and trips around the world - you just need a rock with a story. they used to say that they would probably come to my house in 20 years and i'd have a mantel full of rocks - all different shapes and sizes. all tied to a sentimental moment.

funny the stories that words trigger. although i think now i'd probably really love that trip around the world. still. rocks with a story will warm my heart.

No comments: