Visitors

Monday, October 31, 2011

brooklyn hallow

Halloween has always been a fun holiday for me. When I was younger, my mom would sew my costumes and we'd go out trick or treating. I loved everything about that day. Just the thrill of being out at night, no inhibitions, candy, and fun.

Tonight I strolled my neighborhood just to watch the kids enjoy this day.
I was pleased to find YET another thing to love about my neighborhood. An entire block was sectioned off with food and ice cream trucks, and a huge stage and set had been built in front of a brownstone with a rendition of Hansel and Gretel going. It was spectacular. Children of all shapes and sizes were decked out in costumes, along with their grown up counter-parts.


Down the street a jazz band played and a faux boxing rink was set up for a fight between Godzilla and another slimy creature. People dancing and drinking and dressed as scary creatures of the night.
It was just one of those moments when you miss being a kid. When you can look at the excitement on their little faces and remember that exact feeling and those precise emotions. One of those nights when you remember all the good things about your childhood and can't wait to share it with your own little one one day.

1 comment:

camille Rohani said...

Sahba- so happy you are enjoying Ny! I will never forget visiting Danielle and Toby there - loved their apt in Brooklyn - she was working, I I just went out and made NYC my own! D was shocked that I could acclimate so well - I told her, "well, I navigated Iran when I was in my early twenties - this is a piece of cake!" :-)
Love you beautiful, smart woman.
Hugs