Visitors

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Cool Ranch Doritos

i love Cool Ranch Doritos so much. when i lived in Haifa, Israel, you couldn't find them anywhere. anywhere. sure they had the fake kind. the corn chips with a little ranch seasoning sprinkled on top. but it's just not the same.
anyone who loves Cool Ranch knows that an impostor can never, ever replace the real thing.
so when i came home to the United States for visits, i'd buy so much. a whole bunch. and i'd put them in my suitcase to bring back with me. my dad is so smart he would get me tupperware to put them in before putting them into my suitcase so that they wouldn't get crushed.


one time my aunt came to visit and was sent with a bag to bring over for me. she had a layover and she left them in a cab somewhere in london. i cried when i saw her. without my Doritos.

i heard the creator of the Dorito died last week. i heard the news at a wedding. apparently, when they buried him, they sprinkled his favorite Doritos on top of the grave. i'm pretty sure it was Cool Ranch. rest in peace.

1 comment:

amelia said...

sabz, your blog makes me hungry