Visitors

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

so much space.

I remember being on a flight from Tel Aviv to the US and having a lay over in London. I was in the airport a few hours and, naturally, had to use the facilities. I remember being completely taken aback by how incredibly small those bathrooms were. I could barely fit myself into the stall, let alone my small carry-on bag. I maneuvered for well over a minute - opening and closing the door, moving the suitcase and myself in and out of the stall as if doing a little dance - all the while cursing the makers of European bathrooms and developing a deep appreciation for space in the United States.
Last weekend I was in New Mexico and at the airport waiting for a flight. I walked into the bathroom and was taken aback. SO.MUCH.ROOM. There was enough space in the sink area for an interpretive dance or a well choreographed ice skating routine. Geez! This is bigger than MOST apartments in New York City. I could probably fit a small family of 5 into this stall! Amazed at the difference. Takes me back to my Kindergarten days where we teach - we are all different, we are all the same. We all have bathrooms but they are all so different. Kinda like us.

2 comments:

Jen said...

you should see the airport bathrooms in tokyo. they have freaking computers in them. you could control the speed and temperature of all sorts of things. crazy! poor andy waited outside of it for like 15 minutes because i was just sitting there pressing all the buttons.

sabzii said...

HAHA!!! what!?? amazing. i can't wait to hear all about it.