Visitors

Monday, August 1, 2011

sitting in a coffee shop doing work

i have always wanted to say "i sit in a coffee shop and i work all day". because something about that is exciting to me. because i love that i can get my cup of coffee, set myself up at a table, and just do work. my brain thinks better. i am more alert. the energy of the people around me - working, talking, reading - makes me feel part of a community of thinkers. each doing our own thing and each aware enough of one another as to not be too disruptive.
this summer, time has allowed me to sit in a coffee shop and work all day (well, half a day). and i get to think and create and do things i usually just dream of doing.
usually when you want to do something so badly, when you actually end up doing it, you think "eh, that was OK." but with this dream, it just keeps getting better.
i love it even more and continue to feel excited to do it.
hopefully this addiction is one i'll be able to support, even amidst the chaos of my New York City life.

No comments: