Visitors

Thursday, January 27, 2011

tea, cookies, and snow.


We walked into the General Greene after perusing the Park for a good hour and a half. It's not every day you get to stop in at 3pm on a weekday for tea and cookies. Just for the sheer novelty of it, it had to be done.

Exhilarated by just having had laid in the snow for 10 minutes straight before beginning to freeze, gazing up at the blue, blue sky and watching the white cloud pass while being engulfed in fluffy powder all around, we entered the restaurant happy. "It's SO beautiful outside" I proclaimed to the man behind the counter selling the cookies. "I love it, it's pretty and fun! So nice! Like a winter wonderland!" I kept going, as if his forced smile and slight nod meant I should continue.

After what probably seemed like an eternity to the poor man (wearing a great pink shirt and a burley white mustache), he interjected, "Ya, if I didn't have to shovel my car out this morning it would have been nice."

Whoops.

Perspective.

No comments: