Visitors

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Scheduling Time to Grieve?

Anyone who knows me knows what an insane scheduler I am. From showers to dinners to work obligations, it's all scheduled. So you can imagine how extremely hard it is to squeeze "Grieve" into the calendar. Between yoga and a presentation on "Understanding Your Children's Sexuality" to prep for at school, fit in "Grieve"? Impossible.
That's what sucks about this whole thing - you can't plan for it. And perhaps that's what makes it so hard for me. No control over when it can happen.

That's why it hits at the oddest times. That's why when a child runs down the hall and throws their arms around me I sometimes burst into tears. Because I have no other time to cry.

It's these times of writing that allow me that space. So to whoever the reader is out there, thank you for taking the time and being a part of that emotional journey with me. If even for a minute. If even through cyberspace.

Thanks.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

i love you sabz...
you are in our thoughts and prayers