Visitors

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

little Jaxon.

Today I saw some friends of mine that I hadn't seen in a long time - which is pretty ridiculous because they live right down the street from me and they are amazing. And they have an amazing son. A most amazing son. With a cute round face and a toothy grin, white-blonde hair that shapes that cute face and these sparkling blue eyes. He is about 3, I think.

Today he comes up to me with his subway map of New York City (yes you read right) and looks and me and says, "You want me to tell you my favorite subway stop?"

Shocked that a child even knows how to read the NYC train map when it took me well into my second year here to even begin to understand it (I literally took cabs everywhere my first 2 months in this City).
"Yes, yes I do."

"It's rriiiiggghhhttt here." His eyes search for a while and then his finger lands right on the Atlantic terminal train stop in Brooklyn. "The N, that's the N train. That's the one I like."

Impressive. To say the least.

"Oh ya? Why do you like that one the best?"

"Because it takes you EVERYwhere...you see here - it goes to the 7!" Which he then proceeds to point to. The he takes his toy N train (of course) and plants it on the map and begins making vroom-vroom noises as the N makes it's way on the yellow track.

"Wait, where is your train going?"

"To Canal Street of course!"

Wow. This is a true New Yorker. Tried and true.

No comments: