Visitors

Thursday, September 22, 2011

it's Fall!

you know i never realized how much i really love the Fall. somehow last year, after living in the north east for almost 7 years (and counting), the wonderfulness of this time of year hit me. i used to hate the weather changing and i used to loathe the change of the season.

somehow last year, apple picking felt more like a luxury than a chore. crisp apples at the farmer's market down the street, fresh baked bread, warm donuts, wool sweaters, and changing leaves. hot apple cider, and cinnamon, and jazz. there is something so cozy and warm and loving about this time of year. i am covered from head to toe, all bundled up - but i can still walk without having hunched shoulders and clenched teeth. the air feels cleaner and the cup of coffee that has slowly made its transition from iced to steaming hot, warms my cold hands in the place of mittens.


i love the Fall. it is all about baking and wood burning fires, and really cool sweaters.
it's about coffee shops and cuddling. even though it has the daunting task of ushering in the freezing cold winter, i think it does a really great job of making us like it, this season of Fall.

1 comment:

Shira19 said...

I've only experienced Fall one year in my life, but I found it to be an amazingly beautiful season filled with calm and peace and potential. I personally love winter so the fact that it was leading into winter just made it that much more beautiful to me! Thanks for taking me back to that year! (it literally just started raining as I wrote this - yay fall is coming to Israel too! :))