Visitors

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

sleeping sun.

I had an early train. 7am to be precise. Out of Penn Station.
I was beyond exhausted (which is a phrase I have caught myself using more than a few times a day lately and I fear it is actually loosing meaning as it falls upon the hearers ears, so much so that they don't seize to appreciate and understand the brevity of the statement).
I had gone to bed late the night before, was all packed and ready to go. The alarm went off at 5:00am. My eyes were barely able to open. As though sleep himself had come and glued them shut. It was even harder to open them because of the intense glare coming from the window.
Wait? Is it 9am? Did I set my alarm clock wrong? Did I miss my train entirely?
I scrambled for my phone. Yup, there is was- 5:00am.
I had NO idea the sun shone so brightly at that time. Not only that but it sets way late in the evening at 9pm.
So little hours the sun gets to sleep. Making the days longer, giving us more time to enjoy what the word has to offer.

No comments: