Visitors

Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Rain: June 2005

Its a funny thing about rain...at least here...it comes when you least expect it. Washes everything away - destroys what it wants - and refreshes others. Getting caught in it...with no umbrella and no 'shelter' can be an interesting experience - and it is up to you to decide how you want to handle it. I usually shy away...I freeze up and seek shelter...letting it run its course without me involved.

Last week, I let it wash over me. In a way I had no choice...but, I was also craving it. I stepped off the subway, trecking my usual way back from the 116 stop to home...and it just came. I had nothing...nothing but an Insight song playing and the freedom in me to look upwards as it ran its course along my face. It came down hard...but it was so sweet and so pure, and the song so refreshing that I could not stop it...if even I tried.

So I joined the rain instead. I cried sweet tears of happiness and utter gratitude. Perhaps thats the lesson He needed me to learn that day.

No comments: