Visitors

Monday, January 22, 2007

Pilgrimage, the Story of my Soul

It is often times impossible to depict the story of the heart. One beat can tell a hundred stories - you can travel to a distant land and never know that where you are is where home shall always be. A million memories, a multitude of lives have passed you by and yet your love has not changed. It is not an attachment to the place, the smell, the touch, the feel - it is rather an intense attachment to your Lord, your Creator. As faith and steadfastness grow within you, as does that deep and penetrating love that only an Unknowable Essence can bestow upon you.

Your feet walk that stone path, your heart pulsates, itself directing you to your Point of Adoration. The lush green, the bright red and the overpowering majesty of your surroundings only serve as a reminder that you are to be face to face with the One you love. Who can tell the story of belief? Who is there that understands that this is not a foolish love, a false love based on the things of this world, but that this is rather the love that stems from the belief that God has provided the earth with a new Source of Light - a renewed guidance, a fulfillment of all the Prophets of the past. How can one be that close to the light yet deny its existence? How can one feel Gods all encompassing love yet allow uncertainty and denial enter the heart? How clear does God's Holy Word need to be? One should rather ask: From where did this bounty arise and how do I thank God for it?

And as He is asked, a feeling of absolute humility and honor descends upon the soul, body and mind for one is reminded that these gifts and bestowals, this Faith that we have been given, is not something that should be taken lightly...the mere fact that we have been so loved by God to have been able to recognize a Manifestation of Himself in this world should be propellant enough to move us into action. Praying daily for steadfastness, for firmness and strength in His Covenant, for these are not matters that are to be taken for granted. Our love for God culminates in our desire to serve Him and teach His Cause - this is how we repay the debt so generously acquired throughout our lives.

May we strive to be servants, may I live all the days of my life reminded that God, in His Greatness, has honored me with carrying His Name. May I live in such a way that my soul is in a constant state of preparation for its descent into the next world. And as I arise to serve Him I know that I will be aided and protected, for this is God's promise to me.

He has said that He will guide and protect me and in this I am confidant. So with a heart full of love, full of gratitude and praise, I set out from this home, and I move according to His Grace. Aware of His Presence in my life, aware that my life is wonderful and thanking God each day for the absolute blessings and support that aids me on a daily basis...

My cup brimmeth over and I leave at peace, contented and ever so grateful.

No comments: