Visitors

Saturday, March 24, 2012

the stranger

the wooden bench felt really hard beneath me.
i slipped my sandals off my feet and crossed my legs on that wood.
music spilled into my ears and filled my soul.
i looked up, only a cardigan on today - that's all i needed.
the bare trees, glimpses of green emerging, stretched across, designing the blue sky.

i breathe.

"you look like a care-giver. is that what you are?"

he disturbs my peace only momentarily.
"an educator, so ya."

"i can tell. there is something about you. some sort of calm presence you have. something that tells me that you are fulfilling your calling - you are doing what you need to be doing."

stranger. on the bench.

"ya, i am. i really feel like i am."

strange how comfortable i am. with this stranger on the bench.

"in this City - it's hard to do that. it's hard to stay calm and focused and feel good about what you do. it's hard. but i just can tell. i can see in you that you are where you are supposed to be."

"ya. thank you. thank you for saying that."

i look straight ahead. deep breathes. how does he know? who he is?

i notice he is picking up his things. getting ready to leave.
introductions.

"well, congratulations on being so angelic."

humbled.
confused.

he's gone.

fresh air surrounds me and a tinge of emotion creeps into my heart. it releases.
moments when the universe is telling you something. trying to make you understand. giving you what you need. my letter from God: received.

sometimes the strangest things happen.

No comments: