Visitors

Sunday, March 4, 2012

no salmon on myrtle

Today was the 3rd day of my 19 day fast and ALL I wanted for dinner was salmon and salad.
I contemplated going out to dinner and then thought about the money I could save if I just stayed at home. Plus, not to toot my own horn, but my salmon is pretty great (learned from mom and dad).
So I set out to buy salmon and get back in time to cook and be ready for sunset (5:56).

I tried Greenville, the store right near by - no salmon. But I kind of figured as much, they don't carry fish, but I thought I'd try.

Off to Associated, they always have everything. Always.

Nothing. No salmon.

Are you SERIOUS?!?

Ok, the new fancy grocery store two blocks down. They have GOT to have it.

Nope, sorry. Ah!!!!!!

Mr. Coco's. Mr. Coco doesn't carry frozen meat, but maybe - just maybe they will have it.

Nope.

Nothing.

So you know what I did? I bought a smoked salmon fillet. And I cooked it.

Couldn't decide if I liked it or if it was just making me nauseous.

No comments: