Visitors

Monday, July 11, 2011

breakfast sandwich.

There is this place that opened up downstairs. I think I have mentioned it before - a 24 hour organic grocery store. Literally right downstairs.
Now I have always been a fan of their things, although, admittedly, they are a little overpriced. However, during my much loved and cherished summer vacation, I get to actually appreciate the full value of this establishment.
Each time I go in, I discover something new and astonishing about them. Like take the other morning for example. It was the first day in summer thus far that I had truly slept in. Groggy, I realized what it was I wanted today. A breakfast sandwich. A breakfast sandwich and an iced coffee. I remembered my old favorite, the place I frequented when I lived a little further down the street. I'd pick up bagels from one place and walk next door to ask them to put the breakfast sandwich they make on my bagel instead of a roll. Bratty? Some may agree - I'd prefer to say that I just know what's good and I'll do whatever it takes to achieve it.
But this morning. This morning that I had slept in and was still a little groggy - that walk was sounding like just too much for a breakfast sandwich, good as it might be.
After taking far longer than needed to put on a dress and get out the door, I decided to just look downstairs and see what they have for breakfast. Maybe they will have a bagel with cream cheese? A croissant? Anything that would taste delicious.
I walk in and receive from them the look that I know means, "how nice that you woke up today" and I walked over to the guy behind the counter and asked if, by any chance, they made breakfast sandwiches.
Yup, we sure do, what do you want on it.
HUH?
What do you want on it?
omg omg omg, internalize, internalize, internalize.
Wait, you guys down here make breakfast sandwiches, like - on a bagel?
WHAT DO YOU WANT ON IT?

I quickly ordered and 2 minutes later was back upstairs taking a bite. Now this could be the most dangerous thing, but in that moment, it was as if the skies had opened up and dropped a little organic market right below my house. Where all my dreams came true.

1 comment:

Jen said...

That's exactly how I felt moving within 1 block of la bagel. Serious danger....since I'm there atleast once a week (sometimes more)! Btw- miss you! Hope your summer is fabulous!