Visitors

Friday, May 20, 2011

perfect in diguise

I have learned so much in this past year. Most importantly, I would say is that I have learned to appreciate moments as they come. To understand that I am not perfect and therefore the things I do will have faults and will be opportunities for me to grow more. I now know that I have to embrace things - the good, the bad, and the ugly. And that sometimes the ugly is just the perfect in disguise.

It reminds me of the story of Leili and Majnoon. An old Persian story of a man and a woman who deeply loved one another. In his search for Leili, Majnoon started being chased by dogs who barked and and ran after him all over the town. Finally they led him to a stone wall and he had to climb that wall to escape them. Devastated, and sure he would now never find his love, he did so. And there, on the other side, was Leili. Waiting. At which point Majnoon thanked those dogs for that they are what brought him to his beloved.

It's the celebration of the messes. It's the perspective we wish we could have at the beginning, to save us from the stress and heartache.

No comments: