Visitors

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

my park

there is a park near my house. it's a little refuge amidst the brick and then asphalt. trees and grass and playgrounds. tennis courts and hills and walkways. it's perfect.

and it holds a million memories. memories that remain fresh in my mind as moments i cherish.

like the time i had a big picnic, with all my friends from all over the city - boys played sports, girls did their nails, boys chatted, girls went for bike rides.

OR the time it snowed so hard it covered the whole ground in a sheet of white and we fell in that soft snow and made snow angels.

OR the time it was halloween and all the kids were dressed up and we got crisp apples at the farmers market and hot apple cider and sat and watched them.

OR when i'd bring my kids over after a long day in the classroom and just sit in the sun and bask in the happiness they felt running around and playing games.

OR sitting on the hill on brooklyn-queens day with a bagel sandwich and an iced coffee.

these are the things i remember. small as they may seem. the things that make my park so special - the memories that flood my brain each time i pass by.

No comments: