Visitors

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

the end.

i walk into my apartment in NYC after a 12 hour flight, direct from Israel.

it was a great flight. no one sat in the seat between me and the person occupying the window seat. love when that happens. free seat to stretch out in. slept probably 9 of those 12 hours. was completely asleep, only briefly did i get up to shove something that resembled pasta down my throat and then catch the tail end of "little Fockers" - or whatever it's called.

point is. i arrive in NYC. walk into my apartment and there FIRST to greet me (after some lovely spring flowers and a welcome home note from my roommate) is a thick envelope, enclosing the news that our rent will go up, if we renew our lease. which, clearly, anyone living in NYC knows - we will. who wants to/can afford to move each year in this City?

sheesh.
welcome home.

go to my room. the familiar scent of my anthropologie vanilla candle soothes me. forget about the increase in rent. take in the calm of being home.

go to use the bathroom. toilet clogged. clogged.

nice.
thus completes spring break 2011.

2 comments:

Daina said...

Write them a sad, sympathy teacher letter. I can email you mine, it has made them decide to not raise my rent for two years now! They always send me that sad envelope too... and they get my sad letter in return. Works like a charm!

Btw, can't wait to catch up!

sabzii said...

WHAT?!? haha - yes, i want that letter!