Visitors

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The 3 Hour Search for Cherry Blossoms

"I really want to go and see the cherry blossom festival. It's all I ever wanted. All these years visiting DC and living so close to DC - I've always wanted to go to the festival."

"Ya, totally, we should go - shouldn't be a problem!"

25 minute car ride turns into one hour on the freeway. It's OK - it'll all be worth it. Cross the bridge into DC - bumper to bumper traffic. You can see for miles and miles the traffic ahead of you.

"Don't worry, I know a secret way."
Turns out a lot of folks also know that same secret. Another 30 minutes later, the thought of seeing cherry blossoms seems far less exciting.

"Pull over, I'll just hop out and look and get back in before the car gets to another light."

Done. Mission accomplished. Head back out onto the freeway. Awesome, good thing I got a shot of it. Feeling relieved and proud.

Until I realize what I took photo of wasn't even a cherry blossom.

1 comment:

gypsy said...

It's okay -Magnolias are 10 thousand time prettier!!
(and they happen to be my favorite flower:)