Visitors

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Mumford & Sons.

My wonderful friend burned me a CD today. Mumford & Sons. And I listened to every single song. It blasted throughout my office as I ran around like a chicken with her head cut off. Ran in and out of my work place, catching part of one song and a line from another. Here and there. There and here. One song stuck out. One lyric of that one song stuck out:

The way you invest your love, you invest your life.
In these bodies we will live, in these bodies we will die.

I've been, at the same time, reading and reflecting on a book about love and happiness. How to show more love and how to allow love to come to you. I sound like the Barnes and Noble self help section, I'm well aware, but it does strike a chord. If I believe, and I do, that human beings are born with love to give and require love in return, then it becomes helpful, I assume, to reflect on how I am investing my love. For then isn't that my life? Doesn't who I love and what I love and how I love shape my existence and create who I am, what my life actually is? We live and die in these bodies, yes. So I guess it makes me think - how do I want to live?

I love when new music comes into my life. I also love when I read back on an entry and even I don't understand it second time around. Enlightened? Or just garbage?

No comments: