Visitors

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Preparation.

It's this strange time of year dangling between the humid heat of summer and the harsh winter months to come.
The leaves change - bright yellows, reds, and orange. And there is the smell of apple cider in the air, everywhere. Hot apple cider and cider donuts. Hay rides. Pumpkins. Apples.
And just plain cold.
I don't know how it happened. I feel like it just suddenly changed. All of sudden it was like, well - hello winter chill!
I refuse to give in though. I refuse to believe that in October I have to wear a heavy coat. In fact, so much in denial am I that I spent all day today in sandals. Yup, covered every other inch of my body, but remained in sandals. Because, really? Who can accept that those days of summer are over? Who can accept that cold bitter winds are in store for the next 6 months!?!
I'm mentally preparing. This is me. Mentally preparing.

3 comments:

montague said...

i hate you cold.

gypsy said...

I love winter! I hate hot humid summer nights... the best thing in the world is snuggling in a cozy blanket with a good book or movie and some tea....

amelia said...

two words : PRINCESS GLOVES